Help Octopi starting in Safe Mode - Unable to update etc

What is the problem?

Octopi starts in Safe Mode, haven't been able to update or anything lately.

What did you already try to solve it?

Removing files from the sd card, can't do anything else. All other commands just show loading or can't access in safe mode.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint 1.4.0, OctoPi 0.16.0, Creality 3D Ender-3, 1.1.6, Edge, Windows 11, ... as much data as possible
octoprint.log (217.7 KB)

octopi_version: 0.16.0

This is why. The latest versions of OctoPrint are python 3 only and you are on an octopi version that doesn't support python 3. The best thing you could do would be to create a backup (if that's even available in 1.4.0), download that backup zip file and flash the latest octopi 1.0.0 that includes the latest OctoPrint 1.9.2 using the Raspberry Pi Imager.

Thanks! Yeap that exactly what I started to do earlier, I figured im so far behind I need to start new. Trying to do a backup, but it just seems to work for like the first 3 mins, then the server goes off and doesn't let do anything. Is there a way to do backup via Winscp? If not ill just start over fresh.

You need to activate the venv, source ~/oprint/bin/activate and then these command line options.

https://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/bundledplugins/backup.html#command-line-usage

Thanks!! Im back in business!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.