Help please 2nd webcam

What is the problem?

cant add second webcam

What did you already try to solve it?

pulling my hair out

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible<

i am running octoprint on a raspberry pi 4
i have 1 usb webcam working great but i cant add a second usb webcam,
ive read the [Setting up multiple webcams in OctoPi the right way]
but i dont have a octopi.txt file to copy so am lost.
any help would be much apreciated before im completely bald.
thanks
martin

If you are on a Raspberry Pi but you are not using OctoPi, then please share info about your setup and how you installed the webcam streaming in the first place.

hi i installed octoprint using the Setting up OctoPrint on a Raspberry Pi running Raspberry Pi OS
thanks
martin

hi here are the way the files are setup,
octopi.txt/webcam2.txt/webcamdaemon
any help would be great
thank you
martin

@Charlie_Powell
@foosel

Don't just ping me in order to get support! If everyone in need of help with OctoPrint did this, I could no longer work or even go online at all.

My apologies i didnt mean to be nuisance i do appreciate the hard work you do and octoprint is great and makes printing much simpler and better
Thank you martin

hi any help would be great anyone .
thanks
martin

Apologies, it seems I missed this post after I replied initially.

The guide you've used applies to OctoPi. Since you aren't using that but a manual install, the multi-camera setup won't work that way, instead I would imagine it requires more effort to duplicate the service files, you won't just be able to add a config.

1 Like

thanks
martin

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.