Help with broken firmware

What is the problem?

Hi All, Just started using OctoPrint and I see an error message stating that my Firmware is broken.

Your printers firmware is known to have a broken implementation of the communication protocol. This may cause print failures or other annoyances, You'll need to take additional steps for OctoPrint to fully work with it.

I have searched here but I couldn't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks

What did you already try to solve it?

Followed the learn more link. Takes me to the incorrect article.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Could you specify in what way it is incorrect?

Sure. Im taken to this article: OctoPrint doesn't show a temperature graph for my Creality printer with stock firmware

And can you say what is incorrect with the article?

Unless I'm missing something the article relates to a missing temperature graph. this is not my issue, the error I'm seeing is referencing a broken implementation of the communication protocol.

Issues with the temperature parsing are caused by broken implementation of communication. OctoPrint detected your printer sending a broken temperature report. So your firmware is broken in some way and that needs fixing. Best fix the firmware itself (creality stock firmware is notorious for all kinds of issues), otherwise install the suggested plugin.

Ok I see.. that's for that, I'll give it a go :+1:t3:

So, I'm having the same problem, but I installed a BL Touch and flashed that firmware.

The main issue I see is when I print from Octo, the bed is about 30mm from the extruder. I installed the z Probe Offset plugin to no avail... But that's probably a topic for a different forum.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.