Help with Wifi Supplicant

After several months of not being at my office, I am here today and trying to get my Octo back online, its off the network for some reason.

I have attached a photo, but I am getting a syntax error on line 30 of my wpa-supplicant file.

I have checked and my code looks correct. That is also attached. I must be missing something simple.

Thanks,
Jamie

The screenshot of the octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt file is worthless in this case. For us to help, we would need the actual file.

I'd suggest that you try:

sudo nano /boot/octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt

and delete the lines starting from network={ to the line before ## Open/unsecured
and type them in again. The nano keys to write the file and close nano are conveniently displayed at the bottom of the terminal screen.

If you edited the file on a Windows (or Mac) system before booting the RPi with it. Re-read (and obey) the HEADS-UP comments at the beginning of the file.

Hmm I did all this. Remember this was a working setup for 3 years, then this problem. How would the spa supplicant file change by itself?

Jamie

Sometime in the past 3 years, the RPi was probably powered down without being shutdown first. Unfortunately, the RPi doesn't like this very much and it has been known to corrupt the SD card in retaliation. The file didn't change by itself, it had help.

This may not be the only file that has been corrupted on this SD card. You may need to use your backup. If you can move the RPi close to an ethernet port and connect it, it should configure itself to use it and then you can do a backup before starting over with an new SD card (or at least a new image on the existing card).

There is no country code declaration in the file. If it stopped after an apt update, that is the issue.
Get rid of all the unneeded garbage in the file

root@dave-octopi:/boot# cat octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt
country=US
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
ssid="your_SSID_here"
psk="Your_Password_here"
}

Your saying to literally change the file to that, but with my wifi info in there of course?

Yes, all the other stuff with the # in front of it is all comments/unused.