Host action command

What is the problem?

WRITE HERE i enabled host action command within marlin and no matter what i do it always shows HOST_ACTION_COMMANDS:0

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE i have reuploaded different firmware from marlin after changing settings and i have tried adding new config to the marlin files and i cant figure out what the problem is

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE
it didnt change anything

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE
no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE just updated using this marlin file from sunlu https://3dsunlu.com/en/NewsDetail/3912708.html im on the latest octoprint version and im at a complete loss at this point.

Hello @Jewk_Me !

What have you activated/changed here?

//#define HOST_ACTION_COMMANDS
#if ENABLED(HOST_ACTION_COMMANDS)
  //#define HOST_PAUSE_M76                // Tell the host to pause in response to M76
  //#define HOST_STATUS_NOTIFICATIONS   // Send some status messages to the host as notifications
  //#define HOST_PROMPT_SUPPORT
  //#define HOST_START_MENU_ITEM  // Add a menu item that tells the host to start
  //#define HOST_SHUTDOWN_MENU_ITEM       // Add a menu item that tells the host to shut down  
#endif

I removed all of the // that were before any lines with #define in that specific section. i also made sure that the advanced auto stop was enabled which it is by default on the s9+

I figured it out, the auto build marlin in vs code was producing a file that wasn't the same as the file I was editing, I found where vs code was putting the file when built. its working now!

2 Likes