Host action commands are disabled - Windows -venv

What is the problem?

Getting the message my printer's firmware supports host action command, but they are disabled.

What did you already try to solve it?

From what I read I need to edit the configuration_adv.h file. But I can't find this file. I am running Octoprint on a windows machine inside a venv. So as far as I know I am not running Marlin.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Currently my octoprint is running in safe mode. It said one of my third party plugins did not start correctly. I am not sure which one that would be. I only have one plug in installed and its the Cancel Objects.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20221024130256.zip (10.4 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
Version 1.8.6

This message is not about your OctoPrint install, but about your printer's firmware.

Your printer is running Marlin firmware, as it has reported this to OctoPrint. However it is a very different version to normal Marlin versions so I suspect that your printer manufacturer has customized it, who knows, we don't know anything about your printer.

If you would like to fix this issue (fairly important if you have a filament sensor on the printer, it won't work with OctoPrint without fixing), then you can either:

• Build Marlin yourself, using the example configs and compiling it,
  • Find a pre-built binary that someone else built for your specific machine and configuration
  • Ask whoever provided the firmware (printer manufacturer?) if they will enable the feature. Often they don't, but who knows.

Thanks Charlie,
I was a little confused. I didnt realize this was talking about the firmware on the 3d printer itself.
I have a Creality Ender-3 S1. It should have the stock firmware on it. I have not made any changes to it.
However I did notice the other day when I was printing something and the filament ran out that it did not stop the print. Fortunately I was watching when this happened and was able to pause the print and add more filament.

So I guess my best option is to find a pre-built Marlin firmware and then update my Ender 3 S1 to this firmware. I assume its not possible for me to edit the firmware file currently loaded on the Ender 3?

Yeah the stock firmware doesn't usually have these kinds of features enabled. Especially not with Creality.

No, once compiled it is just a binary file that is flashed to the printer. You need to modify the configuration and then build it again. There are builds for this printer about. Your printer is reporting a firmware version of 3.0.3, which is apparently an STM32F4 chip - although it is always worth confirming with what's actually written on it if you can.

An example pre-built one is here (unofficial, but supports the Marlin project):

Or an example configuration to build yourself is here:

InsanityAutomation also has some pre-compiles for the 2 S1 variants here: Marlin/Hex Files at 237ad143888570cf65cb53040bde6fca0451d885 Β· InsanityAutomation/Marlin Β· GitHub

firmware_Ender3S1F4_DW7.4.6.bin.zip
firmware_Ender3S1_DW7.4.6.bin.zip

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.