How can I RESET the different Log files?

What is the problem?

I recently installed the Print Time Genius Plugin and there is an option to Analyse a file and look at the log it produces.
However the log file was full of data so I wanted to Clear it out/Reset it so that when I anaylsed the STL I would not have to wade thru heaps of previous logging data. There was NO option to reset the log file - only to Delete it in the Octoprint Logging section of Settings. So I clicked the Trashcan and deleted the log that was there.
Running the Analysis again, produced no log file. When I clicked on the link in this plugin setting page it took me to a 404 error-not found. This seems to be there for other logs as well. No way to reset them and if once deleted no way to recreate them!!
I was only able to get a log file to appear again by first uninstalling and then re installing the plugin requiring a reboot each time

What did you already try to solve it?

Uninstall/Reinstall plugin

Have you tried running in safe mode?

N/A

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Complete Logs

N/A
WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

Latest version v1.5.3

Is there an easier way to reset a particular log file in Octoprint without going thru this rigmarole of uninstall/install?
By the way there is no option to Reset ANY of the Octoprint logs or at least that I have (not) found.

Actually, probably what happened is the file was gone until a restart of OctoPrint, and therefore couldn't be written to. So in theory, delete the log file, restart OctoPrint for it to re-initialize the plugin's default log file and then everything should log as expected from there.

I use OctoPrint Settings (wrench icon), Logging and then the trashcan icon next to each logfile to delete any (or all) the log files. Then I use the OctoPrint Power (icon), Restart OctoPrint and all the logs come back with fresh (or no) content.

1 Like

Thank you @jneilliii and @b-morgan for your replies. This solved my query.

1 Like