How do I stop Octoprint requiring login?

When I set up the Pi I put in a username. The problem with this is it requires to login before the printer will connect (or appears to).

I don't need the login as I am not planning to expose the printer to the internet. How do I turn it off? I know I could have done during setup and assumed it would be a tick box somewhere, alas I cannot figure out how.

The login is for safety reasons.
Your web browser should have auto login capabilities - then it is no issue at all.
The same is for SSH access...

I don't need to worry about the login because I'm protecting it at the firewall. The challenge is that I start my printer which has the board on it then I try and print and of course it does not because I have to open the website (which takes ages) then login, then manually connect.

When you set it up you can opt out of this and I really didn't want to have to set it up again.

1 Like

Take a look at the docs.

Perfect, many thanks for the help :slight_smile:

I see the doc but what's the command line to edit it as I cant see the file on my pc or see how to edit it on the pi itself
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Starting with 1.5.0, OctoPrint will enforce access control to be enabled (since too many people happily disabled it and then proceeded to put their instance on the public internet, opening themselves up to attack, and I will no longer allow that to be on my conscience), so this will no longer be supported anyhow.

Just use a username and password please.

You can configure OctoPrint to automatically connect to the printer when the server starts. See this preferences screen from v1.4.2:

I don't have it enabled, but you might want to. On my AVR based printer (MK3S) I can tell when the server connects to my printer over USB because the printer resets. (Arduino style bootloader, reboots and looks to see new firmware before running the pre-loaded firmware when one of the serial flow control lines changes state showing a new connection. I forget which line off the top of my head, but I think it might be DTR, but that is probably more info than you need.)