How @OCTOLAPSE TAKE-SNAPSHOT actually work?

Trying to find out how @OCTOLAPSE TAKE-SNAPSHOT is supposed to work. Is the slicer supposed to add that to the gcode? How does to know? Is octoprint supposed to be inserting it based on the layer height and other information that it requires? Because it doesn't seem to be.

Camera model

Raspberry Ο€ model 2

What is the problem?

How @OCTOLAPSE TAKE-SNAPSHOT actually work?

What did you already try to solve it?

Came and found other posts with the question and no responses

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Is take snapshots unsafe?

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Why would I expect safe mode to make a difference?

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

See attached
octoprint-systeminfo-20231219155516.zip (61.1 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Should all be in the bundle, no?

@OCTOLAPSE TAKE-SNAPSHOT is effectively a marker in the gcode file for OctoLapse to take a picture. It would be contained as part of the gcode file or some gcode scripts, generated by some other program than OctoPrint. OctoPrint doesn't insert it at all.

OctoLapse normally calculates the trigger points itself based on the snapshot trigger settings that you've applied. Adding this @ command to the gcode is a way to manually trigger the plugin to take a picture because you want it in a specific place.

Not clear why that's so prominent in the controls for octolapse if it isn't something I can use. I am not going to open the gcode file and search/ replace on Z changes. I just want a time lapse with the extruder out of the shot, layer by layer. I think I see how this can be done now.