How to continue printing if the power goes out with octopi

What is the problem?

Hello, I have an ender 3 with which I can continue printing if the power goes out or if I turn it off but I can't if I have it connected to octopi by a raspberry pi 3b+ sending the file from octopi

Thank you

What did you already try to solve it?

Try updating marlin to activate host commands

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20220914203922.zip (51.1 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Ender 3x with motherboard 4.2.2 updated to the latest marlin software, reabserry pi 3b+ and

This is not possible to do with host software such as OctoPrint. I suspect using the search bar of the forum before posting might have found some of the many posts on the topic already.

OctoPrint, as host software doesn't know the exact position that the printer is in while it is printing so when the power is lost there is no 'current position' to save. The last sent gcode command is not necessarily where the printer is right now due to buffers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.