How to see all sdcard contents via octopi

What is the problem?
I can only see stl and gcode files in octopi. I wish to also see all files , even config, any type of file.

What did you already try to solve it?
googled, and found some reference to ender 3 not showing sdcard, but this is not quite the same as my issue
I did ssh into octopi, installed mc, so I could work easier, but I dont know how to mount a sdcard in linux.
I installed FileManager add-in in octoprint, but it also does not show other types of files.
Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
octopi 17, octoprint 1.3
smoothieware
raspberry pi3B+

The printer has smoothieware on sdcard.
typing G20 or M20 or similar, in octopi/octoprint terminal I see all the files on the sdcard scroll by.

I want to be able to access the config file so I can make adjustments in a text editor.

The octopi log file.

octoprint.log (68.8 KB)

The RPi is booted off of an SD card and the printer has an SD card slot that is controlled by the printer firmware. I assume you are talking about the printer's SD card.

Marlin defines a set of printer SD card commands that are used to communicate with the host (OctoPrint). If there are additional files on the printer SD card, then either you need modified firmware (hard to impossible) or you need a USB SD card reader for your RPi (easy but not free).

There are models that have both a full size slot and a micro slot. Having one of these in your possession would also allow you to make backups of your RPi SD card.

Thanks for the reply.
I am talking about the printer sdcard.
The terminal command M20 shows the printer sdcard files, I see them all scroll past in the terminal window, but I wish to be able to see them all either in octopi or octoprint or raspberry OS, if I just knew how to program a mount instruction in Linux.
When I had the printer directly connected via usb to my pc(which was problematic), every now and then ,after mutliple printer restarts,I was able to see the SDCARD contents.
If I installed the raspberry GUI, would that give me a way to see the printer SDCARD contents, or are we back to mount command?

I will note that in some cases (SmoothieBoard with their firmware) and the Desktop (X11) GUI loaded you might be able to browse the files on that SD card.

I think you might have better luck getting an answer if you ask in http://smoothieware.org/forum-welcome-mat

1 Like

You can put the printers SD card in your PC to read it without any issues

Thanks Outsourced Guru, your recommendation that the GUI would do what I wanted has been confirmed.
I believe I did not really know how to ask the question originally, as I have found in the interim that what I wanted was REMOTE view, and I found that after some fiddling,after installing the raspberry GUI,and changed in raspi-conf auto log onto GUI, and on my pc,VCXSRV, that I got to see the printer SDCARD on the desktop, so totally smiling.
After reading octopi warning that the gui was going to chew up a ton of ram, I dont actually see that(possibly because I am viewing remotely only?)

Alright, if you want the non-X11 version of this then install usbmount and follow the instructions to edit its config file (PrivateMounts=no). You'll then find that the SD in Smoothieware will mount as one of the folders under /media. You can do an sudo ls -lR /media/FIRMWARE.CUR to find which one it is.

If you want to be fancy you might be able to create a udev rule—read its documentation—and create a special alias for this particular device. Alternately, you could create an /etc/fstab entry once you know the PARTUUID of the device and then forego usbmount.