Hypercam HD works out of the box

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum, literally my first post, so i can't edit the wiki :slight_smile: But i just connected and tried the Hyper Hypercam HD (HyperCam HD – HyperShop.com) with Raspberry Pi 4 running OctoPi v1.0 RC 2. I'm using "-r 1920x1080 -f 30 -q 100" as my arguments.

Here's a screenshot from an unlit room!
Screenshot 2022-08-13 200716

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

Just fyi: with those arguments your stream will probably use more than 100 MBit/s of bandwidth (more in a lit room - less when it's darker).
That's not bad or anything.. Just wanted to let you know :slight_smile:

Happy printing :tentacle:

Hi!

Thanks for letting me know... I guess I don't know how jpeg compression for mpeg works coz "more in a lit room" makes no sense to me, but I'm thinking In png / bitmap terms, a pixel beeing a specific amount of bytes no matter it's value.

This probably will cause my network to clog up so I'll revert it to it's default 80 quality, how much bandwidth does that translate to?

Ps. Holy shit did you scare me with that bomb nickname. I got an email with Hal 9000 in the topic... Besides the movie, Hal is what I always call my machines so I thought my desktop PC from the 90s was back to haunt me :expressionless:

1 Like