I can ssh into my machine but browser UI says it can't be reached

What is the problem?

I'm trying to set up OctoPrint on a Libre Computer AML-S905X-CC (Le Potato) because Raspberry Pis aren't available right now. I loaded the image, can ssh into the Le Potato, and can start the setup process. When I get to the point in the setup where I have to log into the browser UI using my IP address, I get a "site cannot be reached" error. The Le Potato is connected to the network via LAN (I don't have a spare WiFi adapter and Le Potato doesn't have it built in) and again, I can ssh into it so my computer can connect with it, just not through the browser UI. Any ideas what could be causing this?

###What did you already try to solve it?

• Flashing different operating systems on the device
  • Working from several different OctoPrint install tutorials with different install methods and source files
  • Switching power cables
  • Switching Ethernet cables
  • Switching router ports
  • Setting a reserved IP address
  • Power cycling the router, my PC, and the Le Potato

You've loaded your OS, but did the install of OctoPrint work OK? When you are running the server are you seeing any issues in the logs/output?

@Heynickj9

When you SSHed in, enter LS -a and share the result you got.

I figured out the issue (at least I think this was the issue) and it works now. I couldn't get regular Raspbian to load so I was using Libre Computers' Ubuntu OS and trying to install a version of OctoPrint that I think was made for Raspbian. I ended up finding the "Raspbian for Le Potato" download on Libre Computers' website and it ended up working.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.