I get Unexpected error while reading serial port

What is the problem?

When clicking connect to the printer it shows as connected reads all the information and the files on the SD card then after 5 seconds I get "Unexpected error while reading serial port" and it disconnects. This happens every time I try to connect
The same thing happens if I try to connect while printing

What did you already try to solve it?

Changed power supply, changed baud rates

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No exactly the same

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20221013121917.zip (95.1 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint Version 1.8.4
OctoPi Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
Board BIGTREETECH-SKR-V1.3
Marlin Version 2.1.1
Windows 10
Firefox

Hello @NickB355 !

Have you had a loon on this link?

Thank you for your reply, yes I have gone through all the items there, my problem is not random, it does it at the same point every time.

Have you tried it with a different SD card in the printer (or formatting the existing one, or without an SD card in)? Perhaps there is something wrong with the current one that is causing the printer to crash when it tries to list the files.

1 Like

You must have read my mind, I have just tried it without the SD card in it and all seem good! I will try a different one. Thank you for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.