I made a new admin user - Want to delete the old one. HOW?!

What is the problem?

Can't delete old user after adding new admin user. Restored my backup for a friend but creted a new login for him. I want to delete my old one. There is no users.yaml anymore

What did you already try to solve it?

Creted a new user and gave all admin rights. No way to delete the old one

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

You won't be able to delete the "current" logged in user. So make sure you're logged in with the admin account that you want to keep, and then try deleting the other admin account.

If you can't do it through the UI, the users.yaml file will exist - it should be in ~/.octoprint/users.yaml, alongside config.yaml.

Yeah. I'm logged as the new user but there is no option to delete the other anywhere, even if I make it non active. Also, the latest version of octoprint no longer has the .octoprint folder (it's all in root) and there is no longer a users.yaml file like before.

This is very much not true - nothings changed with regards to the location of the config file.

How do I get to it? When I load the card into mac or PC the root directory doesn't contain it and I don't see the folders anywhere.

The full path is /home/<username>/.octoprint. Your file explorer might not be showing hidden files/folders, so make sure to enable that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.