Incorrect Timing While Printing

What is the problem?

Timing, I started a print 6 hours ago but OctoPrint is saying it's only printed for 3:15. Total print time is suppose to be 11 hours so am I really looking at 22 hours of printing or is the timing just incorrect?

What did you already try to solve it?

Nothing I can do

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

N/A

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
Octoprint version 1.9.3, Octopi: v 0.18.0 running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Install the PrintTimeGenius plugin and the estimates will be a lot more accurate.

I do have it installed, sorry I forgot to mention that.

The print did end in 11 hours, what had me worried was that after 5 hours of printing it only showed 3 hours.

Was this the first time this occurred or are your print timers wrong all the time?

Did you wait until the yellow star behind the model's file name stopped blinking or did you start printing right away after upload?

PTG (PrintTimeGenius) first has to scan the file to calculate the time.

I'm not positive but I think it was, I didn't see any yellow star blinking, just a yellow star.
I am printing something right now but when it's done I will load that file up and see how long it takes to analyze it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.