Insanity firmware on ender 5+ issues with octoprint

What is the problem?

Updated endesr5 plus to dw7.4.4 tinymachines/insanity firmware and have handful of issues after

1. now i need to connect octoprint at 250000 which is no issue
  2. terminal window now seems to not take commands.. I send lets say and m503 and nothing returns
  3. sending a print does nothing, octoprint says printing but printer does nothing. no heating etc.. all works fine from SD Card.
  4. Octolapse now says printer not compatible with m114 command.

What did you already try to solve it?

rebooted octoprint

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

n/a

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

uploading

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

ender 5+ silent board, bltouch, dw47.4.4 insanity firmware. pi 4b latest octoprint, python 3. octoprint-systeminfo-20211208115436.zip (54.1 KB)

If you were to try safe mode and report the results, it would be a tremendous help for both of us.

ok just did safe mode. It does take commands like m503 in safe mode. What else want me to try in safe mode? Sending a print?

just kicked a print off in safe mode.. printer is responding and heating is commencing.. so that looks to work as well in safe mode.

If things work in safe mode but do not work in normal mode, then one of your plugins is causing the problem. To determine which plugin, use OctoPrint's Plugin Manager to disable them one at a time or if you prefer, use a binary search (start by disabling half of them). Once you know which plugin is causing the problem, ask us for help on fixing it and we'll see what we can do.

ok will do and advise if its a plugin I still need :slight_smile:

My money is Octolapse being set to test mode.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.