Installing on Mac

I am using ethernet to the Pi and SSH-ing from MacBook with wifi. I can pull up the Octo print page on the browser. I clicked on a little wrench and a whole new world opened up.

I am using the Lulzbot Mini and it uses a variant of Cura. I even found API code which I plugged into Cura hoping to use Cura but it does not want to connect to the printer from the laptop remotely. Wonder what I need to do?

Henry Staub

hkstaub@gmail.com

Check the thread I linked in my previous response for help getting your Pi's WiFi working.

I can't help much with the API thing. I also have a Lulzbot Mini. I have not upgraded to the new version of Cura on my Mac, since it requires flashing a new firmware to the printer. If I do that, I can use Cura on my Mac to access the printer through OctoPrint, but then I can no longer slice from within OctoPrint (which uses the older version of Cura). Since I need to slice within OctoPrint when using the printer at the school where I volunteer. There is a work-around for this so I can use both with the new firmware on the Mini, but I haven't worked my way through it yet. If you only slice on Cura on your Mac, there is no need to worry about this. You should just be able to install the new version of Cura, flash the firmware and go.

Try hardcoding the IP address instead of using octopi.local. But before using the API, just upload the gcode, which'll prove if it's working.

Otherwise show screenshots of the connection errors.

I am running a print and watching from the laptop MBP but I started it on the iMac in my office. I am trying to do a time lapse. I dp not know about the version of Cura re:version but the point of this exercise is remote control. We are getting somewhere. I hear HP is teaming up with Cura to do something with scanning.

Henry Staub

hkstaub@gmail.com