IP6 running, not IP4

**What is the problem? I have both a 2.4 and 5ghz network bands to choose from. I'm only given an IP6 address, not an IP4 even when specified in /etc/dhcpcd.conf. I leave the IP6 line commented out. put in my IP/Mask, router, Google & OpenDNS IP addresses for nameservices.

I give it a local name Ender3Pi3A (I have been using the PI 3A+ on both my printers) this upgrade to .17 is giving me issues.

What did you already try to solve it? I made correct settings changes in "raspi-config" adding ssid and key there, also adding it in /boot/octopi-wpa-suplicant"
Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...) No fancy networking, know SSIS, Key, Gateway, all working on my other Pi3a+-MPmini it has been a trouper.

Perhaps I'll clone it's SD & see what I get, this has otherwise been a real PIA. :slight_smile:

Thanks for any assistance. Not a noob, been running Octoprint on these 2 printers over a year. Don't think I'm having a brain fart. Not in the mood to bring up an instance of BIND9...YET.

There's so much that we don't know here:

• Are your two zones named the same or differently?
  • Your /boot/octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt is how this is usually configured if you used the OctoPi IMG to flash your microSD, noting that each boot it will overwrite what's in the downstream file(s)
  • You didn't share your redacted octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt file so that we could make sure it's happy
  • You could show us the output of ipconfig on the Pi
  • You say "know SSIS" but this might mean "no SSIS" (does that mean "ad hoc"?)
  • You say you added the SSID/key in raspi-config, noting that octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt will overwrite the downstream configuration files on bootup
  • You might include contents of /etc/hostname as well which should be in lowercase
  • You might include this output cat /var/log/syslog|grep avahi|grep Host