Issue since updating from cura 4.9.0 to 4.9.1

Hi, my problem comes with the update Cura 4.9.1

What is the problem?

Now when I print something from Octoprint, I can see the behaveour of the hotend is wrong because it makes a little stops during the printing (or dropping the speed) and makes it a wrong printing.
When I used Cura 4.9.0 with this Octoprint 1.6.1, all the system went very well.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have tried to print the same test without Octoprint, only from SD card, and the printing is well done. So the printer is well.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: True
connectivity.enabled: False
connectivity.online: True
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: True
env.hardware.cores: 1
env.hardware.freq: 700.0
env.hardware.ram: 386322432
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi Model B Plus Rev 1.2
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.18.0
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 20.3.3
env.python.version: 3.7.3
env.python.virtualenv: True
octoprint.safe_mode: False
octoprint.version: 1.6.1
systeminfo.generator: zipapi

Additional information about your setup

Creality Ender 3 v2 with the default firmware 1.0.2 Marlin, and a rpi 1B+, octoprint 1.6.1

octoprint-systeminfo-20210515130644.zip (7.6 KB)

this guy could be your problem. He's a bit under-performing.

Recommended hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+ or 4B. Expect print artifacts and long loading times with other options, especially when adding a webcam or installing third party plugins. Setups not using recommended hardware are not officially supported.

Please note that the Raspberry Pi Zero W is not recommended explicitly since severe performance issues were observed, caused by the WiFi interface when bandwidth is utilized (e.g. the webcam is streamed), negatively impacting printing quality. See also here.

Also was it maybe a more detailed print or did you print faster than you printed before?

The changes between Cura 4.9.0 and 4.9.1 are really small; some specific bug fixes but no changes that would affect how the hotend moves.

1 Like