Issue with OctoPrint not finding my serial port?

I'm not really sure what information I should provide here, but I will provide what I think is reasonable.

I've spent several hours browsing previous topics and googling in general, but none of the suggestions I found have been helpful. I have also referred to the FAQ to no avail.

Basically, I used the docker-compose.yml from the GitHub to create a stack in Portainer. I did not adjust any settings out of the door as I wanted to verify that the basics would work first. I got the web interface to load on port 80, which it defaulted to, and went through the little intro thing. Upon loading up the UI I am met with "No serial port found".

So far, I have verified that my printer is connected via the serial port at /dev/ttyUSB0 (through the use of "ls /dev/tty*" and unplugging/replugging the machine), and I have added that to the "additional serial ports" box in the OctoPrint Settings under Serial Connection. I have also verified that the USB cable I am using carries data and is working properly. Beyond that I have literally no idea what to do. I would appreciate some help. Please let me know what other information I can provide.

Other Information:

Printer: Ender 3 Pro

Resolved

Needed to add

devices:
     - /dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0

To the docker-compose.yml.

A suggested post showed up under this one and I found my issue there. I had somehow never come across it while troubleshooting this.

1 Like

For a visual understanding of how you can run a container in the Portainer via Stacks

version: "3.7"
services:
  octoprint_1.8.6:
    image: octoprint/octoprint:1.8.6
    container_name: octoprint
    privileged: true
    network_mode: bridge
    restart: always
    ports:
      - "8500:80"
    devices:
     - /dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB0
    volumes:
     - /home/docker:/octoprint

Hey, I have the same problem. Since Iam relatively new to this. I dont fully understand, how to edit docker-compose.yml. and where to find it. Would it be possible to describe the process?

If you've setup OctoPrint via docker, it probably involved you downloading a docker-compose.yml file at some point in the process of setting it up. Installing via docker is not 'standard' as such, and there is also no specific location for this file on your system - it depends where you put it.