Issues connecting to Pi through Terminal (Mac)

What is the problem? I got a Pi, Installed Octoprint. Then made some upgrades. When I try to connect through SSH on my terminal, it thinks someone is trying to hack into it.

Also, I am trying to set up a second Pi to run my second printer and I can't access it to update and upgrade so it sees the 4 inch screen.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have tried several ways to access the Pi, but no luck. The only way I was able to get the first one running was to attach a keyboard through blue tooth to type directly into the Pi.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

I don't know what this means.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Latest Octoprint 1.4

What makes you say this? What is "it"? What exactly does "it" say?

In all likelyhood, your Max is warning you that the OctoPi.local that you are connecting with is not the OctoPi.local that your Mac connected with before. This seems to be correct; you are setting up a second instance, which has the same name. So the OctoPi.local you are connecting to now is different than the OctoPi.local you connected to before. So what your Mac says is true, and it is asking you to confirm this.

The best thing to do is to change the hostname of the second instance, so your Mac is not "confused" or "worried" that your OctoPi.local seems to be different computers at different times.

2 Likes

Something like:

@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @

If so as fieldofview said that is standard/expected behavior. You are using different keys but same host names, and it fails the host check on the Mac. You can delete from known_hosts, switch of the check with a option flag, but they are there for a reason. Best to sortout the names so the keys are as expected.

2 Likes
sed -i '' '/octopi\.local/d' ~/.ssh/known_hosts

This will remove the line from known_hosts which includes octopi.local. I routinely run this since I leave the default hostname and I'm constantly swapping out many Raspberry Pi computers.

2 Likes

If you look under the spanner symbol on Octoprint you will see an entry called logs. Click that and it will tell you where the logs are located. As someone has already said each instance of Octopi MUST have unique host name otherwise the system gets confused!