Issues with communications timmeouts

What is the problem?

Serial connection to the printer fails with timeout:

No response from printer after 3 consecutive communication timeouts, considering it dead. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Offline (Error: Too many consecutive timeouts, printer still connected and alive?)"

Once the serial connection is made I can go to the terminal and type gcode at it all I want, and its happy and fine, however temperature does not update on graph unless I manually do M105 command in the terminal, then it works and shows a temperature, if I do not do M105 then temperature never gets updated.

I have checked the marlin config and it is setup to use M155, but it doesn't seem like M155 is working.

This is Marlin 2.0.x bugfix running on SKR V1.3 board.

I'm experiencing exact same problem. Looking for a solution, but still decided to subscribe to this post.

As a workaround, you can use manual polling instead of automatic reporting. To do that, set "Temperature interval (autoreport)" to 0 in Octoprint's settings at: Settings -> Printer -> Serial Connection -> Intervals & timeouts.
This way Octoprint will send M105 command periodically instead of waiting printer firmware to report data.

Without logs it will be impossible to look into this.