Kraken: A new iOS client for OctoPrint

First of all, I really like the app.

Are you still taking feedback on Kraken?

If so, the features that I think that it needs are as follows:

1. Native iPad support
  2. A view that streams the cameras from all of your servers at the same time
  3. The ability to see/search/sort the meta data from the gcode tab (I would love to be able to support by last printed or even to be able too see that info from the view)

And a little bug report. I have 6 printers in the app and two of them will not show me the camera feed in your app but it works fine directly from the browser interface and The Spaghetti Detective. One is a pi camera and the other is a USB webcam.

@tenthrow Thanks for the feedback! I love all these ideas; look for 2 and 3 to be added soon.

The webcam issue has been plaguing some of our users. Do you have an email I can reach you at for further troubleshooting? I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Awesome! I sent a PM.

I just bought your app and look forward to future updates. It's very nice so far but I can't find the "3D Touch shortcuts" and I have a 3D Touch installed and enabled.
Is there a preferred method to add feature requests? I look forward to the native iPad support.
Thanks.

@markyodo Hello, glad you're enjoying it so far. 3D Touch shortcuts are available in Kraken Pro. Once you've upgraded, you can force touch/long press on the app icon to access the shortcuts. Hope that helps!

I did purchase and Oh Ok, I read this wrong I thought you meant shortcuts for 3D Touch sensor / BLTouch. LOL sorry for that confusion. Well you can add that as my first feature request, a button that will push gcode for bed leveling :smiley: Or maybe a "shortcuts" section in your app where we can create favorites for common gcode that can be saved as a button for execution.

Sorry for the confusion! Yes, custom Gcode shortcuts will be coming soon

Multiple camera support please! Add it to your Pro version and I will gladly pay.

Hi there! Multiple camera support is already a feature for the Pro version, there's a tab that shows all your printer cameras in a single place.

I am having trouble finding any screenshots of that in action. When I select the update option in settings it shows these new capabilities:

Full screen video stream
Add multiple printers
3D touch shortcuts
Faster data refresh intervals
Delete files

The app store listing says "View camera streams from all of your printers on one screen" but that doesn't say multiple cameras on one printer. I want to make sure I understand what you are saying is in the pro version. Thanks!

Hello! Nice app. I've already installed and upgraded to Pro version.
So far so good, but I would like also to have an integration to the recently added Ngrok Tunnel option, so we could use Kraken from virtually anywhere.
Congrats for the great job!

@kraken can you please respond to my previous post? I do want to support your work if it does multiple cameras on the same printer. I cannot see that documented in pictures or text on your app.

Hi, sorry for the delay. I misread your post originally, the app does not support multiple cameras for a single printer. Is that a feature supported by OctoPrint?

Thanks for the response. It does, with a MultiCam plugin. I currently have 3 cameras on my printer but can only see the default in Kraken.

Hi! How about my request above? Would it be possible?
Thanks

Hey, for both of these since it's just me doing the development, my preference is not to support plugins as it adds another layer in the app version/OctoPrint version/plugin version compatibility matrix and can be a nightmare to maintain over time. However I have had several requests for the Ngrok Tunnel plugin so I will look into what's required to support that.

1 Like

Hey guys. Didn't see this as I scrolled through the comments... The App Store listing says it connects to any Octoprint server over the internet. How do I do that with this?
Thanks

You can use something like the Ngrok Plugin to tunnel the interface to a remote URL. Do not port forward it.

For other remote access options, you can read this blog post to choose something else:

Is it possible to flip the video steam from my Pi camera. It’s upside down.

See