Live control while printing

What is the problem?

Looking for help using data from an arduino as data for the G code to control a 3d printer. How can I do this?

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Some form of scripting or submitting API commands to OctoPrint. Otherwise, you're going to have to be more specific. Pretty sure you can emulate a keyboard with arduino, and if so you could use the USB Keyboard plugin.

you can GET and POST from an ESP[8266,32] using the httpclient, a search finds examples like Making a http POST request using Arduino - Stack Overflow or working HTTP POST example - Home Automation and Networked Objects - Arduino Forum.

The API is documented at REST API β€” OctoPrint master documentation. I've made bash scripts that turn the printer on, connect octoprint to it, send GCODE via the API to the printer using curl, and in a different context, sent data from a sketch to a REST API, so this can be done.

Just curious here what sort of life GCODE stream yo would want to generate

Thanks. I am using sensors to get data from the body with an arduino. looking to import that data to octo print to print live as the data changes. is there a simple way to do this without going online? I am looking to hire someone to make this happen.

simple? Depends on the details. But an ESP8266 flashed with a suitable Arduino sketch can read all sorts of sensors if those sensors use a supported protocol and it can transfer data as GET or POST, which is how you talk to the OctoPrint API. No need to go via anything external, the mcu and the computer with OctoPrint would need to share a WLAN. Please PM me in case you like to talk more specific.

How do I PM? I have hooked up arduinos to different sensors and successfully gotten the data packets. Just don't know how to put it into OctoPrint and make a print. I would really like to talk to you more about this!

You could continue the discussion here, I wouldn't see why not, but to answer your question:

When you click on a username or avatar, a pop up with send a direct message will show. That's how you do it.

Thanks - I tried but didn't see DM - will try again. thank you

That's probably because you're not yet at trust level 1 (see here). Requirements may be set differently here though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.