Logitech C270 Stopped Working

I have been using this camera for almost a year now and it has never given me any trouble. Now I do an Octoprint update and all of a sudden I can't get the cacmera to stream any longer.

Logitech C270
My camera stopped working with the last Octoprint update
I've unplugged the camera and plugged it into the Pc and it loads up and works perfectly. When I plug it back into the Pi it does not ever come up on the "Control" page where I usually see the webcam stream.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support).

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version 1.4.0, OctoPi version 0.17.0 , ...)octoprint.log (1.6 MB)

I see you're using spaghetti detective. That might be the issue.

Try the safe mode and check if the cam works again.

I will give that a try After this current print finishes up. Thank you

Well rebooting in safe mode didn’t work either. I also found a newer version of TSD and did that update. Still no luck.

I have exactly the same problem,
When i start the PIB3+, the camera works normally,
But when a star a print, after 5 seconds the print started, the camera stops working.
I d'ont use the timelapse functionality.

This problem is appared with the last updater of Octoprint. OctoPrint : 1.4.0
Lof file:octoprint.log (21.4 KB)

1 Like

SOLVED! The problem is that the octoprint does not recognize the camera because it cannot find the drivers. Surely in the latest versions of octoprint the drivers of the logitech cameras have been removed in the octoprint installation. All you have to do is google "Install drivers logitech c270 raspberry pi" and follow the steps. After that restart the raspberry pi and it will work, I have already managed to make it work with the version.

That's unlikely (well... impossible) since OctoPrint has nothing to do with the streaming of the webcam itself, it just embeds a webcam stream from mjpg_streamer. Its never had any drivers that it could remove.

If you mean that OctoPi does not have the drivers, then that is an upstream Linux/Debian/Raspbian/MJPG_Streamer issue, since as far as I know OctoPi does not install any extra drivers.

Also, that camera works fine for me, maybe at some point the drivers got broken on your install, or newer manufactured units need some special help.