Logitech C910 Webcam shuts down on Asus Tinker Board

What is the problem?

Running Asus Tinker Board, have been able to get Octoprint running very well. When I first start up Tinker Board from a powered down state, the camera is able to stream fine in 1080P, and it will continue to run that way for roughly 30 minutes. At ~30 Minutes, the camera will power down. The blue lights on the front of the camera turn off, and the stream stops. Cause of camera powering down is unknown at this time. Not able to get the camera to power back on without power cycling the board. Reboot does not fix, requires removing and restoring power to the device.

Outside of Webcam shutting down, all other functionality of OctoPrint appears to be running normally. I am able to run very long prints without loss of serial connection to printer. I do have a Raspberry Pi 3B and a 3B+ which both work great, however, I would also like to get the Tinker Board working and this is the last hurdle I need to get over.

What did you already try to solve it?

Suspecting it was a power issue I have switched from a 2.5A to a 3A power supply with no change, although I suspect a 2.5A power supply provides sufficient current to run the Tinker Board with a Webcam.

Running same webcam using OctoPi on a Pi 3B or Pi 3B+ works without issues, and the camera will stream continuously for multiple days. This was to verify that the camera is not the point of failure. This leads me to suspect it is a setting somewhere within the underlying TinkerOS Debian operating system.

I have searched numerous Tinker Board specific forums, as well as this forum, with no specific remedies being found.

I have looked for settings within TinkerOS (The Debian Stretch distro that I am running as the host OS) that may be putting USB devices to sleep with little luck.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

OctoPrint v1.3.9
TinkerOS Debian v2.0.7 (Stretch)
Printer: Creality Ender 3 w/ TH3D Unified Firmware U1.R2.4b (Marlin 1.1.9 based)
Webcam: Logitech C910

Any help on where to start looking would be appreciated!

I think you've ruled out any hardware problems with the camera and its ribbon cable (assuming that you were careful each time).

You might want to check to see if the Raspberry is in a throttling condition when the webcam has stopped streaming: troubleshooting.

You could check to see if the service is still running when it stops streaming: ps -ax|grep mjpg_streamer

You could review the device message log to look for any crashes: dmesg
Similary, check the system log: cat /var/log/syslog