Looses webinterface after connecting to printer - network=LAN

What is the problem?
Web interface looses connection after I connect to the printer. The interface is not reacting any more and a refresh takes for ever to load. SSH still available, and IP also still listed in router. Restart OctoPi and it starts over again. Sometimes it works but 80% I loose the web interface after printer connect. Sometime the web interface also comes back without any further actions. Filetransfer also takes long and sometimes fails. PrusaScicer failed also to test printer connection in cases the web interface is gone.

What did you already try to solve it?
Fresh install on newer, quicker SD card, latest update of everything, restart.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
haproxy.log (38.3 KB)
octoprint.log (120.7 KB)
plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (437 Bytes)
serial.log (296 Bytes)
webcamd.log (19.3 KB)

Hope that is all you need, did not find syslog.

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

Printer connette via Power LAN to FRITZ!Repeater 6000 and from there to Fritzbox 7530 AX

Some more information. If the web interface loads, and file upload still is very slow, also commands from web interface to printer do not get through. Temperature works, but moving the head has no effect.

Could please at least someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Is there information missing? Did I explain myself bad or is the problem just so weird that no one has an idea?

I am really grateful for any hints that help me solve the problem.

Hello @Nozzlemover !

Already tried safe mode?

Thanks for the obvious hint. Just did it. Everything works smoothly now and the responsiveness is good. Before safe mode I tried to unplug the webcam (Logitech C270) but that had no effect.

So safemode works. That means one of the plug ins causes the problem?

I have to revise: I could start the print and the upload of files was very smoothly. But after starting the print the web interface was gone again. So it seems safe mode did not do the trick or only parts of it.
The print job continues undisturbed.

With some further testing I can confirm safe mode does not solve the problem.

Is there any procedure to systematically find out or log what is happening when the web interface get's lost? It usually happens when I connect to the printer or right after that. After a reboot the web interface is always there. My printer is currently practically not usable due to that issue and it is really annoying when you are used to "just print" something. Thanks for the help guys.

And then it works as if nothing would be wrong. 1 out of 10 reboots seems to be jut fine. Andt then the print will complete without problems. I really do not get it!?!?