Lost WiFi during print

What is the problem?
Lost WiFi connection during a long print

What did you already try to solve it?
Rebooted WiFi access points

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

I’m in the middle of a long print and my Pi has lost WiFi connection. Pretty sure I read somewhere that if I power cycle the pi I’ll lose my print. I can connect a screen and keyboard to it. But it will be a pain to do so I wanted to check to see if anyone has any other ideas or tricks to get the WiFi back before doing that?

Hello @Whatdafuq !

Have you checked if your router has a timeout function for connections with no traffic?

I have google nest WiFi and did look through the settings to see if I could find anything that pointed to why this keeps happening but couldn’t find anything

I've had similar issues over the past week, where the device would drop from wifi during long prints. Looking at router logs and Pi logs, it appeared to me that it was a case where the Pi would drop from the network at the end of a DHCP lease.

I didn't follow good troubleshooting methods, and changed several settings at once. :frowning_face: But here's what I did and so far, it appears to be stable now.

• Changed device from DHCP to static IP
  • Disabled IPv6 on the Pi as it is not used on my network and could see some IPv6 activity around the time the device dropped from the network
  • Created a static binding to a single node of my mesh network. I don't know if node roaming was an issue, but there was also logs associated with roaming about the time the device dropped.