Lulzbot mini stops communication in the middle of self level

What is the problem?

Lulzbot Mini uses a unique version of Cura. Embedded in this cura is a start up Gcode that does a nozzle clean and bed level check. We've left that default code in, and have been running fine with octoprint for over a year. but now the octodash goes to sleep when my print head self levels on the front right pad. If i remove the start up gcode, it will print fine, but the z is way off due to not having a reference height to go off of.

What did you already try to solve it?

deleting the embedded start up gcode gets the printer working again, and octoprint communicates fine with the printer

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no, I'm unsure what that is.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

n/a

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

I clicked on "systems" from my octoprint web page, I couldn't fine "System info bundle"

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint 1.5.2 Octopi 0.18.0
lulzbot cura 3.6.31

Hello @JHorst442 !

When you type in text, on the right you ave a preview window. Words appear in blue. These are links fro further information.

Or you have a quite old version of OctoPrint.

I have a LulzBot TAZ 6 connected to an RPi 3B running OctoPrint 1.9.3 on OctoPi 0.18.0 that works fine with the start gcode in CuraLE 3.6.40 (and in just about every version since CuraLE 21.08).

I suspect that the problem is either with the ancient version of OctoPrint or the OctoDash (or some other) plugin.

I removed the pi, and plugged my pc back into the printer. It still errored out. this proves that octoprint wasn't the issue. we leveled the 2 z axis stepper motors. It seems fixed

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.