πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ We stand with Ukraine! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

M600 resuming in the wrong position

Hello people, i'm having a weird issue with octoprint and m600.

I've an AM8 printer, skr 1.3 and marlin2 . Latest octoprint on rasp 3.

I've problem using the m600 command. the change filament sequence works fine but when the print resume, the Yposition is wrong, it's few cm forward the intended position.

If i change the filament using the lcd on the printer i don't have any issue.
i tried loading octoprint in "safe mode" and the problem persist.
i tried to manually remove the m600 command from the code (to check that the problem is not in the gcode) and the print is fine.

I never had this kind of problem with the m600 command before. the only thing i changed is updating octoptint and prusaslicer..

any suggestion?

thx
alberto

Hello @poetazzo !

I'm wondering where the template has gone...
So we are missing some important stuff here: LOGS!

Also, what are your settings in the OctoPrint GCODE scripts area?

Hi ewald, thx for replying :wink:
here's the log
octoprint.log (163.1 KB)
regarding the script area, i have some stuff for the dual color printing , i removed everything and the results still the same..

the image shows various tests.
everytime the print resume slightly forward. It didnt happen if i use the change filament menu on the lcd

On the first:

| throttle_state: '0x80008'

Your RasPi gets quite warm. You should put a heat sink on the CPU.

Do you use a certain plugin to change the filament?
Is there some code, that turns off the steppers?

The serial.log would be quite handy too. You first have to enable this logging.

I know my rasp is quite hot, heatsink installation is in my todo list :wink:

  • I'm not using any plugin for the filament change. i even tried to print using octoprint in safemode but i got the same problem.
  • no code turning off the stepper.
    it's really weird because the printer was doing fine untill december when i left to work abroad. i came back few days ago and now i've this problem. As i said, i only updated prusaslicer and octoprint.
    i used i gcode visualizer to check on the g-code generated and it seems to be fine, after the g600 the nozzle goes back in the right place so i think the problem is with octoprint
    i've enabled serial logging and i'll post the log as soon as i make some more tests
1 Like

I found the problem! it was the dragchain of the bed messing around and getting jammed against the frame... the weird part i that it never jammed while doing the m600 manually from the lcd and from my computer i didnt hear any noise indicating skipped steps

1 Like