Make sure the motors do not disingage during pause to change filament

What is the problem?
I want to change filament when paused but I always seem to move the motors in some way then when I resume, it is of center, as if it is skipped.

What did you already try to solve it?
I used the GCODE examples given in the snippets for tthe pause and resume functions, I tried looking into changing the gcode but it does not seem to affect the pause motors at all. An example of a sample would be amazing.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Think the behavior depends on your printers firmware. For Marlin you can use M18 or M84 to disable the steppers, but you have to specify which stepper should be disabled:
M18 E
or
M84 E
otherwise all steppers will be disabled.

Hi, I am using Marlin 1.1.8 and the thing is I want the motors to stay engaged, not disabled. Is there a gcode to do that?

O.k. as you said you want this for changing filament so I thought it was mandatory to disable only the E-stepper so it could spin free for a manual filament changing while the other steppers (X,Y,Z) stay engaged, that's what both of the commands above do (in Marlin you can use M18 or M84).

A M84 (M18) alone without a stepper declared will disable all steppers. So if you want (for whatever reason) all steppers stay engaged, just delete the M84 (M18) command.

Does he want an X/Y home after the resume?

No, it should just resume the print after the change. @BerndJM, thanks I will give it a shot :slight_smile: