Makerhawk night vision camera

Hi All,

I have just changed my cameras over from standard pi V2 to makerhawk night vision. All works perfectly well and the picture quality is a lot better. But the colours in daytime are almost black and white. I say almost but I can make out the red colour coming off the BL Touch. Are there some settings that I am missing?

Continuing the discussion from Makerhawk night vision camera:

More information, hope it helps:

Camera model Matterhawk Pi Camera with Night Vision

What is the problem? Colours are off, has a purple tinge

What did you already try to solve it? Have tried enabling AWB Greyworld mode, but I am not sure if i am using the correct syntax? does anyone know what I should put into octoprint.txt?

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...) Octoprint 1.4.0

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

IMG_1628.PNG

Photo

I have the same problem,
You can check this page for detailled information : https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1167
I'm going to test awb_auto_is_greyworld=1 or other values if this doesn't work.
I keep you updated :wink:

The special "Pi NoIR" version of the Raspberry Pi Webcam means basically "no IR filter" rather than it-doesn't-do-IR. So basically, you can actually use that Pi cam in conjunction with infrared LEDs to do night vision. I'm working on a VR headset project I'm calling Hedwig which uses a Raspberry Pi 3A+ and this camera to do this.

That said, your daytime output appears a little blue-shifted if I'm guessing correctly. Believe it or not the Pi NoIR camera as purchased from Adafruit comes with a little square blue-tinted filter and is useful in some cases.

But from other threads on here, the Octolapse plugin has options for shifting the color of the camera from what I understand.