MK2 3.1.0 still causing errors ? or is it fixed?

What is the problem?

There has been a problem with 3.1.0 on mk2 with communication errors. Wrong sum.. etc.
What did you already try to solve it?

rolled back firmware to 3.0.12

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Does anyone know if the issue has been fixed, either with octoprint update or there is an RC2 3.1.0, does that fix these issues ? Is it safe to update my mk2s mmu to 3.1.0 or should I still stay in 3.0.12 ?

The issue to my knowledge is fixed in firmware versions 3.1.1 and after. Sadly (also to my knowledge) there is still no official fixed build available for MK2/MK2s. I suggest to complain to Prusa Research about this, I keep doing it but sadly to no effect so far.

ive spoken to the chat, and he said he will forward it to the developers however, he said that there wont be anymore updates to the mk2 as they are only focusing on mk2.5, 3 and mmu2. Plus he also said this:
"the Mk2 MMU is not very compatitible with octoprint, because the octoprint is not stable for huge amount of data comming from Slic3r to MMU.."

1 Like

Cute :wink:

Actually the firmware isn't stable with huge amounts of data coming in over serial thanks to linear advance causing computational overhead that bogs down the micro controller of the printer controller so much that it can no longer reliably do serial thanks to missed timing slots, but sure, let's just ignore that :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes