Multiple instance in octorpint on USB hub and ports reset after reboot

What is the problem?

We have an octoprint setup running on Ubuntu on a HP server. We plan to connect around 20 printers using USB hubs. So the printers are connected to a USB hub and the hub connected to the USB port of the server.
Now the problem is everytime the server is rebooted, the serial port configuration is reset.
Can we use USB hub to run all the 20 printers and stop the octoprint server reset the SErial port information.

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

You will have to get familiar with stuff like udev rules to do this. It's more advanced Linux work that is heavily dependent on the printers that you have. Some, such as Creality boards all have the same IDs so it's impossible to tell the difference between the boards. You need to create a bunch of rules to rename the ports.

The only other way you can do it is by which USB port they are plugged into. I'm not completely familiar with how this one works though.

I generally wouldn't recommend running 20 printers on one server. If something goes wrong then it takes out 20 prints at once, hardware and software maintenance becomes a bit of a nightmare. Many of the people I know running printer farms have lots of Raspberry Pis, running a couple of printers each to minimise downtime.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.