My Print just do the commands in start GCODE and stop

Ah... Anet... the source of so much joy.

1 Like

:):laughing:

I'm a bit sad that they did not elaborate. Are they planning to implement the gcode? If so, by when? It is a pretty simple gcode to support as far as I can tell.

I am searching for an alternative gcode, but I have no idea what your firmware would support. Octolapse has evolved much over the past couple of years, and is now capable of tracking the printer's position well enough that M114 no longer is used to determine the current location (it tracks this internally very accurately). What I need is a gcode that provides a unique response (something other than just OK) so that I can be 100% positive that all running commands have finished. M114 is just perfect for this, and Octolapse sends an M400 followed by an M114 and waits for a response before continuing.

However, is M400 supported by your printer? If M114 is not supported, I doubt they would implement M400, which is not as useful or common. You may want to also ask Anet if M400 is supported. If it is not, there is no way to get Octolapse working unfortunately. There is no substitute for M400.

Thanks!

Thank you so much FormerLurker for your interests on the issue and help. I think the Anet staff who reply me is not an professional but just an official. The latest response when I asked about the when, I got this message;

I don't understand the firmware issue too. I will give feedback to the hardware engineer.

I already send them the link you raised and of mine. I think I have to wait the answer from the Anet at the moment.

Thank you again for your sincere effort to help me.
Many many many thanks and wish you a very happy day everyday.

I tested M400 just before and the result is as below;
20191214 001

Unfortunately it's not so simple to test and see if M400 works. Remember that M114 also returned OK. I will see if I can come up with a test that you can run as soon as I have some free time.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind consideration of the issue.

On this printer, the only one I have seen with some response is M105 (Report Temperatures), it comes back with Recv: ok T:31 /0 B:34 /0. Where T=Hot end temperature, and B=Bed Temperature. I am not sure if this is any good for this case?