My printer hangs sporadicly

What is the problem?

My printer hangs sporadicly, only when it is connected to octopi. using the onboard µSD, it can works hours ans hours.
When the printer stops in the middle of printing there is no home position or retraction, the head remains on place, heating for a while and making a crater in the plastic. The raspberry is in a shutdown state. if I press the button it starts immediately. (pin 5 & 6)

the problem occurs twice this morning.

What did you already try to solve it?

check updates, restart all the chain, switch all devices on Lan rather than wifi.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

I don't know how to run safe mode.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20230218111417.zip (53.2 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Printer Creality Ender 3 Pro / Mobo 4.2.7 / firmware F1rstLayer DW7.4.6 :
firmware_E3_Touch_BLT_DW7.4.6.bin.zip from

Slicer Cura 5.1.0

Octoprint 1.8.6 / RPI 4B Power supply 30W / webcam USB Microsoft
windows 11 x64 / Chrome Version 109.0.5414.120 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
power up RPI using: GitHub - Howchoo/pi-power-button: Scripts useful for the Pi power button

the printer's power cable is connected to a intelligent power plug handled by home assistant.
the only script pointing to this device is handled by octoprint with the plugin "PSU Control - HomeAssistant settings" and the printer is never switched off.

Ok for safe mode, I will try when my printer will be free, it is printing from µSD card.
by the way, I can work one or two days without any problem, but this morning, it happens twice.

Hello @bentou !

There are a lot of errors caused by the homeassistent plugin. And in addition (or as as a result by the first one) issues withe the crealitycloud.

Ok Ok,

the creality stuff is already removed, I don't use it.
I removed also the HomeAssistant Discovery plugin.

I would like to keep the printer's power plug managed by octoprint...
maybe I could find a wifi based power plug ? could it been managed by octoprint ?

let see if its continue or not...

There is a quite nice amount that is supported:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.