Need to reset mpeg streamer settings

What is the problem?

I messed up the settings in the MPEG streamer control panel. Is there a way to reset them? The stream currently looks like this.

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried to find a way to reset settings to default but I was unsucsesfull.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20211010181258.zip (26.7 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
I am using octopi on a raspberry pi 4 2gb and a logetech C922 webcam

From what I recall, mjpg-streamer doesn't store those settings, so worst case you can reboot the entire rpi and it should go back to default.

Alternatively, the Camera Settings plugin does have a 'Restore Defaults' button. It also allows you to access those controls within OctoPrint and apply a saved preset after reboot, so you may want to check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Great, I will try that when my print is done. Would camera settings allow me to permanently save changes like that?

Yes, you can save a preset and then specify that preset to be applied when OctoPrint is started, ie. when the pi reboots.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.