Neopixel activity

NeoPixel inactivity
Prior to 1.4 update, heating the bed and hotend triggered Marlin's neopixel warm up routine
Currently only the white light is shown once the print actually begins (post heating, homing and levelling).

Version 1.4 on octopi 0.15.1 still triggers neopixel activity
Version 1.4 on octopi 0.17.0 does nothing till print starts

serial.log (148 Bytes) octoprint.log (281.1 KB)

Ender 3 Running OctoPrint 1.4.0 / OctoPi 0.15.1
AM8 running OctoPrint 1.4.0 / OctoPi 0.17.0

Any help would be graetly appreciated as this is a useful feature for quick reference

Many thanks in advance

I’m having a similar issue! I just updated Octopi this afternoon and now terminal will not send M150 commands at all. It does not give an error and does not send “Ok.” I think there’s an issue with the update.

It turns out mine was an issue with a plugin to control LEDs with the GPIO pins on the pi. I deactivated that and the M150 commands work fine.

Hello @OutspokenPlanet!

You may activate the serial logging.
Do you use M150 or another command?

As far as I can make out, Marlin recognises the start of Gcode and goes into an automated lighting sequence [Bed - Blue to Purple / Hotend - Purple to Red [as per configuration.h Marlin 2.0.4.4]] then once printer is up to temp and ready to print shows white.

M150 commands work a treat.

Not sure if this could be related to TouchUI boot to browser no longer connecting.

The neopixels are connected direct to the relevant controller boards and my Ender 3 still works as expected.

Update --- Just updated to Marlin 2.0.5 and issue is now solved

1 Like

Noice! Could you please do this: PSA: Please mark the solutions to your topics as such :+1:

Hello @Klackygears!

The issue of @OutspokenPlanet was not M150 command related. You should open a new thread with sharing the informations you will be asked for in the template.