New octopi install login issues

What is the problem?

After successfully installing octopi, I can login just fine through the browser interface, but when I just plug a monitor and keyboard into my pi, the same login and password is “incorrect login”

What did you already try to solve it?

I’ve reset password on the browser interface and verified I have the correct octopi passwords, I’ve tried the default raspberry out logins. And the login I created for the pi

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Not sure how to do that

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

NA

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

There are two sets of username and password, one for OctoPi which should be the username "pi" with a default password of "raspberry" unless you changed it (which you should have). The second username and password are for OctoPrint (browser) which you assigned the first time you connected.

The username "pi" is used when you login via SSH (using PuTTY if your desktop is Windows). The other username is used when you connect with a browser.

Since you mention a monitor and keyboard, you should be using "pi" and either "raspberry" or the one you changed it to. If you don't remember what you entered, you can remove the microSD card from the RPi, insert it back into the system you wrote the image with, and add the file octopi-password.txt to the /boot partition with a new password. When you return the microSD card to the RPi and boot it, the password will be changed.

1 Like

Wow, that fixed it! So in my case it kept the username “pi” and used my custom password. Any idea why the username I created didn’t work in this instance? Either way, thanks!

The OctoPi username "pi" must not be changed as the OctoPrint installation depends on that username (and its home directory, /home/pi). You use this username and password to connect to the operating system via SSH or a monitor and keyboard attached to the Raspberry Pi.

The OctoPrint username that is used in the browser to authenticate and can be anything you want it to be. In fact, there can be multiple different usernames (and passwords) with different permissions (i.e. access to OctoPrint functions).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.