New to Octoprint & 3D printing

What is the problem?

WRITE HERE I bought a Raspberry PI 5 thinking it was better than the 4? Now I see it's unsupported. What happens if I try to use my PI 5 with Octoprint?

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Easiest solution is to flash the Raspberry Pi OS Lite and then SSH to the pi and use octoprint_deploy.

"Cutting edge technology" is not just a saying. It is referencing a blade, and sometimes it can be painful.
Just don't let this deter you.

-JC

To add some extra detail if it helps - the Raspberry Pi 5 is not yet supported by OctoPi, the pre-made OS image that comes with everything installed, because the RPi 5 requires newer software.

OctoPrint itself works fine on any of the devices, but you have to use the latest RPi OS version and use octoprint_deploy to install OctoPrint yourself. It's guided/automatic so should not be problematic.

1 Like

I used the Octoprint deploy and that seemed to work fine until I got to the webcam part. I still can not get my webcam working. Could someone please show me the commands to type and where to type then so I can get my webcam working? Do I plug the webcam into the Raspberry Pi or the printers USB port? As I mentioned I am very new to 3D printing and Octoprint.
Thanks, i can use all the help i can get. Elegoo told me they can not help with installing a webcam....

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.