No host action commands neptune 3 plus

What is the problem?

Although the printer sends at starts the message that host action commands are supported (Recv: Cap:HOST_ACTION_COMMANDS:1) octoprint seems not to enable them.

What did you already try to solve it?

I updated the printer firmware to the one from may 2023.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20240420200450.zip (1.0 MB)
You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

The Elegoo Neptune 3 plus is connected via USB to a Raspi 4 running latest octopi.

How are you determining this?

OctoPrint doesn't have to "enable" anything - if the printer sends a host action command, OctoPrint will respond. For example, if you click pause on the printer's display, it should send a command to OctoPrint to pause the print. If this does not happen, then there is something wrong within the printer firmware.

Well at startup octoprint receives "Recv: Cap:HOST_ACTION_COMMANDS:1".
So I thought okay, the printer sends that host action commands work I thought octoprint would then show the buttons and would stop at filament runout.

Shortly after the firmware Update of the printer I had in this section two buttons "Pause" and "Resume".

Now they aren't there anymore. So I just expected it would not work. But I will test.

There are no buttons that should appear there. Host Action Commands are about the printer telling OctoPrint commands, not the other way around.

If you had buttons there before, they were likely from "Custom Controls" (or, a plugin that deals with filament runout) and nothing to do with host commands or your printer's firmware update.