No module named 'netifaces' Error

What is the problem?

When I run 'octoprint serve' on Windows 10, python 3.8.2, I receive an error ModuleNotFoundError: No module names 'netifaces'

What did you already try to solve it?

I removed and reinstalled Python and reinstalled octoprint without error (logs avavilable)

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

No

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

'cmd window output'
(venv) c:\OctoPrint>octoprint serve
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\python38\lib\runpy.py", line 194, in run_module_as_main
return run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File "c:\program files\python38\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\OctoPrint\venv\Scripts\octoprint.exe_main
.py", line 7, in
File "c:\octoprint\venv\lib\site-packages\octoprint_init
.py", line 625, in main
from octoprint.util.fixes import patch_sarge_async_on_py2
File "c:\octoprint\venv\lib\site-packages\octoprint\util_init
.py", line 40, in
from octoprint.util.net import interface_addresses, address_for_client, server_reachable
File "c:\octoprint\venv\lib\site-packages\octoprint\util\net.py", line 16, in
import netifaces
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'netifaces'

(venv) c:\OctoPrint>

### Additional information about your setup OctoPrint version - 1.4.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl, OctoPi version - not running on Pi, printer - Anycubic MEga 3s not connected, firmware, browser, operating system,-Win 10 ... **as much data as possible**

WRITE HERE
OctoPrint version - 1.4.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl, OctoPi version - not running on Pi, printer - Anycubic MEga 3s not connected, firmware, browser, operating system,-Win 10 ... as much data as possible

SOLVED: I had a new version installed, I de-installed and reinstalled netifaces through pip and the issue was resolved

1 Like

Ewald,
thanks for the reply, but apparently I wasn't clear. The issue iw with the serial RS-232 interface between the rPi running Octoprint and the 3D printer. I want to write a recovery module to handle the case where that interface fails or times out and am looking for advise about how to get the development environment set up. thanks,
Tom

I think you may have posted this answer on the wrong thread?

Yup, sorry to all about that.
Tom