"No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected" Error message

Hey,

I've been trying to setup my ender 3 pro printer with octopi but without luck so far.

What is the problem
The problem is that I can't connect to my printer to octopi, when im trying to connect on octopi.local I will get the following error message "No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected"

What did you already try to solve it?
What I've been trying so far is that I tried multiple cables without luck

Have you tried running in safe mode?

• Yes without luck

Systeminfo Bundle
octoprint-2.log (62.6 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version : 1.8.6
OctoPi version : 0.18.0

I attached additional screenshot of ssh the raspberry - if additional info is needed please ask and I will try to provide as much as possible.

You are running Klipper firmware on the printer. Octoprint needs Marlin Firmware

Or if you want to run Klipper, you should go here:

This is completely false, OctoPrint is compatible with Klipper, as well as RepRapFirmware, Smoothieware and Marlin. Or even anything that talks gcode - even GRBL laser cutters can work.

If the printer is running Klipper, then there are instructions for configuring OctoPrint in the Klipper documentation.

https://www.klipper3d.org/Installation.html#configuring-octoprint-to-use-klipper

If there are issues with that, then please describe them and we can try and help.

Thanks for the help! I received the Ender 3 pro from a friend of mine and wasn't told it already had klipper on it.

I tried reinstalling everything and are now stuck with this issue

What's the best way to solve this?

Thanks for help!

You have to upload Marlin firmware to your Ender 3 printer

@Ewald_Ikemann why? I see no reason that the OP must use Marlin. If they would like to use Klipper, then they may do so.

@cupsen12 it looks like you need to build & flash the latest version of Klipper to your printer, as you have a mismatch between the host (Pi) and MCU (printer). The instructions for that are in the same docs that I linked before, here.

It was not my intention to persuade the user to use Marlin. It was my thought there are difficulties using Klipper.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.