No serial port found, help

What is the problem?

No serial port found
I have installed Octoprint for the first time and the printer is not connecting to the raspberry pi.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have ordered a special cable. I tested it with my keyboard. It works, it is capable of data transfer.
I have switched the ports.
I have used the dmesg | tail -n 20 command and it sees only my keyboard, and not the printer.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20240911203256.zip (31.6 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint : 1.10.2
Anycubic Kobra 3 Combo
firmware: Anycubic Photon Workshop V3.3.0
Latest version up to 11.september.2024
Windows
raspberry 3 b
this is the cable : Cablu Date Ugreen US128 USB3.0 to USB3.0, 1m, Black - eMAG.ro

Hello @Paul_Carst !

You may try this plugin:

It didn't work

here is a screenshot of the octo print interface. maybe it helps.

Isn't that a Klipper machine?

It runs the Klipper-like KobraOS. So no

Well if it's based on klipper than the external connection approach from a host software like OctoPrint won't be possible. There are special things you have to do inside klipper to allow it to work with OctoPrint, and both the klipper (pi side software) and OctoPrint have to be running on the same device. So if their board can handle it (probably can't) you would have to install OctoPrint on it directly.

So yes. Klipper is Klipper - even when it gets badly modified.

BTW: Klipper is no OS. Klipper is a 3D-Printer firmware solution.

As @jneilliii mentioned. There is a near to 0% chance to get OctoPrint on the RasPi 3 connected to Klipper running on another SBC.

More the probably can't. Who knows what they have done to the underlaying OS too.

Users over at the Klipper forum tear their hair to get even genuine Klipper running on that machine.