no touch screen for MHS3.5inch display with raspberry pi 3B+ "OctoPrint"

Hello everyone,

I need help with the touchscreen with my Raspberry Pi 3B+ "OctoPrint" and my MHS3.5inch display.

Unfortunately after many attempts I still can't get the touchscreen even using the forums and the special wiki for my screen, nothing is impossible to get the touchscreen. So what to do?

If you have the answer I am open to any exchange, goodbye to you and see you later.

Just to be sure - it's just about the touch? The screen itself works fine?

the screen itself works very well, it's just the touchscreen that's the problem.

Altighty

I found this issue on their github

To me it sounds like that's most likely the issue.

So what you have to do is the following:

Open the MHS35-show file in a texteditor like notepad++ (assuming you're on windows) and replace a paths that link to /boot/config.txt with /boot/firmware/config.txt.

Unfortunately the script also runs a few subscripts and you have to do the same thing with those files.
Search for lines where the script runs files with an .sh ending like this sudo ./system_backup.sh

I hope there aren't any subsubscripts :smiley:

Hope that fixes your issue :crossed_fingers:

Sorry ignore that - I wrongfully assumed OctoPi was running bookworm, but it is still running bullseye. Unless you installed it on a recent RaspberryOS image yourself , this doesn't fix your issue.

Were there any error messages when you ran the script last time?