Not detecting 1.3 camera

Camera model Raspberry Picam revision 1.3

What is the problem? Nothing working, pi not detecting camer

What did you already try to solve it? verify cable orientation, get update, get upgrade, enable camera in piconfig, get drivers, reboot 1000 times,

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support) those commands do nothing

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...) octopi version 0.17 or whatever was current 2 weeks ago when i installed my pi. vcgencmd get_camera gives supported: 1 detected: 0

this should be a screenshot of my lsusb output

You might try this.

I've done that. Printer is currently running a jod but I'm going to try the other cable that came with the camera. Apparently this camera has a lot of DOAs.

Ok, I've done that. Now get a red light blink on the camera during boot. Vcgencmd get_camera now returns supported: 1, detected: 1, but the webcam stream still does not work. Says webcam server is not running. I'm trying to follow some guides but I don't know anything about linux.

Alright, well you've turned a corner at least. The light indicates that you have the cabling correct now. "Detected" means that the driver should be loaded. Just in case, you might want to verify that the camera is enabled in sudo raspi-config.

Did that. Planning to flash the RPi again tonight. Just about at my wit's end with this thing. What supposed to be a plug and play deal has become a 2 day event. Need my printer printing, not getting reprogrammed all day, know what I mean?

Hello sir, i had the same issue, did the same troubleshoot,
-check the cable orientation.
-check the cable connection.
-ran the "vcgencmd get_camera" with the status supported=1 detected=0, which means the camera wasnt even detected by the Raspberry.
-tried to enabled the camera using, "sudo raspi-config".

in the end, decided to check the camera closely...theres another very small ribbon on the PiCam, the end that was supposed to be connected to the PCB was not. I guess was a bad quality control error. after that ran "vcgencmd get_camera" again and got the status supported=1 detected=1 finally.

Regards,

Luis Padilla

I had a few issues with the cam at the beginning. One was cable length, as I used a 2m long cable... depending on how the cable was laying, for instance past a cooling fan or stepper, then the cam would not engage.

Another was that I used the cam with IR modules, which drew too much power to let the camera connect properly. After removing the LED units and wiring them separately to 5V the problem was resolved.

Also the ribbon cable seemed seated correctly, was detected by the pi but still not enabling. I cleaned the ribbon ends by scraping the contact lightly, making sure the seat was as deep as possible in the connector before locking.

Now I have zero issues.