Not knowing how to turn off the admin password in octopi

What is the problem?

Not knowing how to turn off the admin password in octopi

What did you already try to solve it?

Searched for solution but I didnt find any

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Y

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)octoprint-systeminfo-20240203123636.zip (178.2 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

Ocotoprint Version 1.9.3, Build 2023.10.09.154319, based on OctoPi 1.0.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2, Printer: Ender 3 V3 SE

//////////////////////
So basically I want to turn off the admin password every time I turn on raspberry pi
I turn it off frequently and I don't want to enter the password everytime, is there any way to do so?
Thanks

Do you mean to delete the password or do you like to have an auto-login?

Also, are we talking about the login to OctoPrint's web UI, or the system login on the console?

I mean the console

If there is an auto login it would be great, but if it easier to just remove it, its ok for me

You should be able to enable auto login in the raspi config utility.

Just run sudo raspi-config

1 Like

Is it the request to enter a password when you perform a sudo command? If so, you need to use "sudo visudo" to modify the sudoers file to allow commands without a password

I use Putty as my Win SSH Terminal. Shortcut:
"C:\Program Files\PuTTY\putty.exe" octopi.local -l MyId -pw MyPass

Depending What app you are using there should be a way to pass your ID and Password on the command line.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.