Not Recieving OK responses

What is the problem?

The printer keeps halting mid print. I am noticing that there are randomly missing OK responses, and as such sending the manual ok can fix the print for between 1 layer and 2 layers. I am also noticing random "Recv: o-áok" sometimes, but I am unsure if this is the issue.

What did you already try to solve it?

Switching BAUD rates and usb ports.

Complete Logs

octoprint (2).log (138.4 KB) serial (1).log (3.8 MB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint: 1.4.2
Octopi: 0.17
Printer: HE3D K280
Firmware: Marlin, bundled.
Browser: Chrome 81
OS: MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 (temporary only), usually Win10

Hello @martonbaksa!

In the serial.log, from 20:50:13 on, transmission issues occur (character garbage, checksum errors).
Similar on the octoprint.log on other timestamps.
This can be caused by RFI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference) from ACs, and other power electric devices (fridges, drills etc).
You may check for a high quality USB cable as short as possible. Using a different power outlet.

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you for the information. I can't believe that I didn't think about that, I have realized that I was running the USB cable (internally) over one of the stepper motors. I believe that would most likely be causing our issues because of the electromagnetic fields they can generate. I will try to find a cable with the ferule on it, and route the USB cable around the stepper motor, and if that doesn't work I will write you back.

thank you!
M

Hi @Ewald_Ikemann,
I don't seem to have noticed much change. I have also added copper tape around the USB for additional shielding, but this seems to have little effect. Is there anything else that this issue could be?
Best,
M

nudge?

Best,
M