Octaprint Wont Print Ender 5

What is the problem?

I have a Ender 5 Plus - I am new to this. First it told me that it couldn't heat up the bed, then it told me it couldnt level. It works perfect with the SD card and LCD

What did you already try to solve it?

Reinstalled Octoprint, ran through the

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

Not sure how to attach file

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Running Octoprint Version 1.7.2

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I keep getting errors and unable to print any files from Octoprint

Hello Anil,
often the description of few sentences is not enough for a stranger to understand what's happening at your place. That's what the collection of log files in the Systeminfo bundle is supposed to help with.
The blue text are links actually which explain how to obtain and upload that info.
thanks in advance

1 Like

What is showing you the errors? You mention 'it' is showing you it can't heat the bed - is that on the printer's display?

We have heard issues with Creality firmware when it matters if you have an SD card in or out of the printer - try putting the SD card in or taking it out, change it.

Sorry was my first post and I was trying to follow the template provided. Let me start over.

I am new to 3D world. I purchased a Ender 5 Plus.
I have been able to print directly using the SD card. Not many issues except leveling etc.

So I purchased a Pi 4B and installed Octoprint. It runs fine, connects, I can control the bed etc.

Now when I send a file to print to the printer here is what I am getting. I have used Cura to slice the files and entered the basic information so I dont play with it much. ie. Bed, nozzle temp.

1. The target nozzle temp stays "off" I play with the settings and I get it to 200 once in a while
  2. Seems like the printer times out and I get an "heating error" on the screen and in Octoprint
  3. Once it starts to print, or tries to...I get "Unable to level bed"

I have reinstalled Octaprint twice now. I was thinking to change out the cable.

Not sure what other information I should provide....

thanks for your help

We need the systeminfo bundle
Just click on systeminfo bundle for further instructions :slight_smile:

You could also provide the .stl file input to Cura and the .gcode output from Cura. Also enable the serial.log (see link for instructions) before you collect the systeminfo bundle.

Creality printers / firmware have a reputation of exhibiting strange behavior. In most cases, if you give us enough detailed input, we can usually find a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.